The first night we were there Owen had a hard time sharing, he obviously didn't want anyone else touching his blanket.
The next morning we went down to see some of the pioneer homes, it was surprisingly nice weather and not too hot which made walking around a lot more enjoyable.
The Lesan family sporting their Ohio State Buckeye attire, it was a big sacrifice for Rob not to be in Ohio this weekend but we're glad he caught the game during the kids' nap time!
Ellie didn't particularly like being in the stroller but she loved being on her Uncle Joseph's shoulders.
The next day after church we went and took some pictures by the temple.
This was the best picture we could get of all the cousins, with Matt wanting to crawl away and Owen ready to run, we're just glad they are all in the shot.
This morning we got up and drove over to Carthage Jail before making the drive back home. It was so nice to be in Nauvoo; just to think about what the saints went through to build it up and then to just have to walk away is so sad. We are so grateful that we are living close enough that we can go and see that beautiful Temple and remember all that happened there.



6 comments:
just getting cuaght up on your blog--looks like such a fun weekend with the Leasans. I love that Rob wore his OSU jersey! And congrats on your new car, too! miss and love you guys!
woops. I spelled Lesans wrong above. don't tell holly.
What a fun trip. John and I really need to take a trip to Nauvoo while we live so close.
So funny that they all wore their Ohio State gear! Matt is getting so big, I haven't seen him since March. So lucky that you all got to spend the weekend together! Super love you!
RANDOM, Joseph. I was in Nauvoo with my husband this weekend too. We must have just missed you!
I was not in Nauvoo last weekend, but I really like seeing what the Joseph Hinckley family is up to! That little boy is SO cute!
Thank goodness for blogs and being a blog stalker.
Post a Comment