July 13, 2011

4th of July

We had a fun 4th of July with family. Saturday we headed up to the Hinckley cabin to enjoy some mountain air and walk around Silver Lake (that is about the extent of a "hike" I can do these days). The other day I went for a walk around the neighborhood and almost didn't make it up a slight incline - got to love the third trimester!



On Monday morning we went to the East Millcreek Parade, a Hinckley tradition. We had a University of Utah float; it was only slightly difficult to convince Joseph to put on a smile and show some "U" pride. It helped when I pulled out the pictures of me sporting my BYU gear our first year of marriage! We had fun being with family and Owen loved throwing candy.





Did I mention the parade route got a little long for Owen? At this point he had run out of candy and was ready to be done.



We finished out the Holiday with a family BBQ and some sparklers! Happy 4th of July!



5 comments:

Mandy said...

what a fun 4th! love the picture of owen walking with his U sign...he sure looks like he is all done with the parade. darling. i am glad i am not the only one that can't make it up a slight incline these days. i can barley make it up stairs without breathing heavier.

Kelly said...

You all look great! I can't believe how much older Owen looks, even though it's only been a couple of months since we've seen him!

Lizzie said...

I can't stop laughing about Owen's pout at the end of the parade route. So hilarious!

Lizzie said...

Also, your hair looks fabulous!!

KHH said...

That's quite a showing of Utes for the parade. So fun!
That cute little Owen. Can you just hardly stand it to see the next little J?!