August 18, 2010

Coming Back.



Well we made the journey. We packed the car so full that when we went to put Owen in it on Monday morning, he took one look and asked "where did my car seat go?"

We had a fun final month full of dinners with friends, summer evenings with family, and sad good byes.

We spent an evening up in Kamas with friends at their cabin and enjoyed the beautiful mountains, Owen kept galloping around pretending he was a horse.



We went down to liberty park with the Hinckley cousins let Owen ride the carousel, he loved every minute.



We walked up to Ensign Peak, Owen loved walking all by himself and kept repeating "I'm a hiker just like Daddy and Pops."



We are happy to be back and get going into school; Kansas is green and full of sunflowers and we are looking forward to the beautiful Fall weather (the humidity is not our favorite!)

9 comments:

Chad and Amy Jensen said...

Glad you guys had a fun summer. Wish we were there to welcome you back to Kansas. Enjoy the sunflowers!

luke & sammy said...

I am glad you had fun the last few weeks in Utah. I wish we were back in kansas too so we could head out on a shopping trip! BTW love the new wreath!

Lizzie said...

That picture of Owen resting on the rock is UNREAL. Seriously he is the most darling boy EVER.

Holly said...

"I'm a hiker just like Daddy and Pops." I love it!!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Danger Brown said...

i like your wreath:) glad to see it didn't fall apart!

Emmy Z. said...

Welcome back! Trust me, the weather is much better now than it was a few weeks ago (heat index was 110+). And oddly enough, I prefer the humidity. :)

Glad to see you had a great summer in Utah! Let's all gear up for this last year, eh?

KHH said...

Glad you're safely back and settled in, wreath and all!

Sounds like it was a wonderful summer, job offer and all!

Love that Owen likes to hike like Daddy and Pops, KU hat and all!

Ann Rowan said...

Glad to see that your wreath made it safe and sound! We miss you. Sad. Super Congrats to Jose on the job!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sister Abby Bowler said...

That last picture is the spitting image of Joseph. That's the little brother I remember. Owen is so darling! We miss you!