December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

This weekend we hit the road and drove 10 hours to see our family in Ohio. It was a long drive, but it was completely worth every minute! We were able to see family we hadn't seen in almost a year, and have an amazing Thanksgiving feast!
The kids and I made some rolls on Thursday morning, I was grateful Eliza and Ellie were there to help, Eliza was good at telling me which rolls looked good enough to eat and which ones didn't quite make the cut!

This is all of the Hinckley cousins except for the Bowler girls which were very much missed! You can tell how happy everyone was to be taking the picture!


Owen and uncle Spencer



This is Owen after he opened his Christmas pillowcase gift from Ashton. It is a Hinckley family tradition to have a Christmas pillowcase- we still have Joseph's pillowcase in our keepsakes from when he was a little boy.

This is Owen in the car on our way home, he did such a good job- so hopefully he will be OK on the trip back to Utah!

8 comments:

john & natalie said...

These pictures are so cute. I love Owen's face in the picture with Uncle Spencer and the one with all the cousins. I had fun hanging out last night. I can't wait until we can do that more often!

Unknown said...

Your baby is SO cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun for Thanksgiving.

Ali said...

Ah! So fun! I love all those cute kids --- I bet it was wonderful beyond measure.

jayne said...

It looks like you had a great time. That is a cool tradition with the pillow case. Owen is getting cuter and cuter by the day.

Tiffany Winters said...

Cousins are so much fun. Owen looked so happy in all the pictures. It looks like Owen is the ONLY one happy in the cousin's picture. Glad you had a great time, but we missed you. The Christmas pillowcase is a cute little tradition. We do PJs like everyone else.

Unknown said...

Okay, truly you must put something in Owen's formula. He has to be one of the happiest little guys I have ever seen! We missed you guys this year; thank goodness that Christmas is coming and you'll be here soon!

Ann Rowan said...

I miss that little boy so much! It was so wonderful to be with you guys . . . it really was a perfect Thanksgiving. xoxoxxoxo!

Lizzie said...

Look at all those cute kiddos! I can't believe they were all under one roof, I bet they loved it. Owen is hilarious & adorable. His facial expressions just makes me laugh! Your rolls look delicous - that's all the kids could talk about when we asked them about thanksgiving dinner! I'm sad we missed out on all the fun ... but we'll see at CHRISTMAS (or just a few days before). Love!