January 13, 2009

There and Back Again

Summary of our road trip from KS to SLC.


Total Miles traveled: 2,221

Total Hours in the Car: 48

Total Hours in the Car Waiting for I-80 to Reopen in WY: 8.4

Miles traveled in WY at 45MPH or less: 205

Average MPG: 37-40

Hours Watched of The West Wing, Season 3: 8.5

Hours Watched of The Office, Season 2: 6.5

Number of Nebraskan Deer hit: 1

Airbags Deployed: Zero

Diet Cokes consumed: 6

In-car diaper changes: 8

Cost of two plane tickets from Kansas City to SLC:  priceless

7 comments:

john & natalie said...

I've said it a few times already and I'll say it again: So glad you guys made it back safely. Close one :)

HollyL said...

Sigh. I've made the trip from Salt Lake to Lawrence (and on to Cincinnati) quite a few times, but never had an adventure like that! Glad you're safe! At least you took Aaron Sorkin on your roadtrip.

jayne said...

too funny.
sorry about the lame traffic and hitting a deer. Sounds like a crazy time.

Unknown said...

You hit a deer?! Good heavens, I hope you guys fly home next time and save yourselves the ulcers!

Barb said...

Wow. Talk about a totally sucky trip!

Tiffany Winters said...

Holy cow! That's crazy! Glad you're home safely. A deer, really? You should have brought the laptop so you could watch while waiting for I 80 to reopen. can't wait to hang out again!

Clark Family said...

Wow, I had no idea that you guys had such a rough trip. I guess it's unreal to have 2 good road trips in a row right! Glad you guys are back!