April 11, 2011

Easter Eggs

We decorated Easter eggs the other night. I bought the cheap egg dye at the grocery store, but Owen couldn't have been happier. It is so fun to do these traditions with Owen, he is getting to the age that he remembers everything we do- I have to be careful because he is gets confused at what's a tradition and what is a one time special occasion. For example, dying Easter eggs: tradition, buying a doughnut at the grocery store: one (or two) time special occasion!








Throughout the week the eggs have diminished; we had to crack one almost immediately to see what it looked like inside, and then Owen let one gently roll off the counter and crash on the kitchen floor- we have just two left, but it has been fun to have the brightly colored eggs in our kitchen this week.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Cutie. You are such a fun mom.

john & natalie said...

You are so good to mix eggs, dye, and a 2 year old! Brave woman. I love the picture of Owen proudly holding his finished egg.